A brand-new home gives you the ability to fit into the newest integrated systems that you really want and allow you to have a smart home, with complete control over the different systems in your home.
When deciding on the system you want in your new home, you need to consider a few things:
- Are you looking to integrate your appliances into the automation? If so, consider that there are many newer appliances that give you full control. You can now have smart coffee makers, fridges, and even stoves. You can specify exactly the things you want. Newer washing machines can even determine how much water is needed based on the amount of clothing you place in it. No longer wastewater each wash! A newer system will take all the guesswork out of how much water is needed. The dryer can also save you money by determining how long is needed to dry the items and turning off when the sensors determine it is dry.
- Are you wanting to integrate a multi-room sound system? Or stream the sound from your T.V through speakers in the living room for that surround sound feel? Easy! You can now have multiple speakers in each room, and you can control the sound and volume in each individual room with the touch of a button.
- Do you want your lights included in the system? Different types of lights and lighting can be changed both in colour and intensity. You can set timers so that specific lights come on at specific times and go off when specified. This can save money over the lifetime of your home.
- Is controlling your heat and air conditioning something you are wanting to do? Some systems can allow you to control these items remotely, or with a smart home thermostat, you can program it to come on and go off at specific times. Alter the temperature in your home for when it is occupied or empty and save yourself considerably over the lifetime of the system.
- Do you want to have a camera system in the house or the yard? Many systems now include these as well. Have your cell phone go off when your doorbell rings so you can see who is at your door whether you are home or across the country and be able to speak to those at your door without having to be in your home at all. The added security and peace of mind can be well worth the initial investment.
- Speaking of your front door. How about being able to lock and unlock your door remotely. Smart home systems can now do this as well. No longer worry about the children losing their house key. You can easily unlock the door for them, no matter where you are.
A brand-new home gives you an incredible advantage when it comes to home automation and smart homes. Right from the get-go you can get the top of the line systems that pay for themselves quickly over the lifetime of their use.
If you are ready to build your smart home, or are just in the planning stages, be sure to visit us at McCormick Concepts to see how exactly we can help your dream home come true. We have systems to fit every need and every budget.